What Pastor Jim wants you to know!
March 16, 2020
Hello, Zion members and friends. With new developments in Ohio and at the national level, we have decided to cancel most in-person Zion events. With the coronavirus pandemic spreading, we are acting in love for ourselves and our neighbors. The two practices that will be most helpful in the near future are:
1. Washing your hands well – watch for more information on this, and other personal prevention measures.
2. “Physical distancing” – greatly limit the number of people you’re in close physical proximity to. This is the theory behind closing schools, banning dine-in eating in restaurants, and our own cancellations.
CANCELLATIONS & SCHEDULE CHANGES
March 16, 2020
At Zion, we are adapting to this new environment as well. Here’s what it will mean for us, effective immediately and until futher notice:
* All Sunday services and Sunday School will be canceled.
* All Wednesday evening activities will be canceled, including soup suppers, worship, Confirmation, Kids’ Club, Junior and Senior Choirs.
* The Passion Walk will be canceled for this year.
* Easter breakfast will be canceled, even if we’re able to restart worship services that soon.
* All non-essential in-person meetings will be canceled, or replaced with a call-in or online meeting.
* Communion instruction classes will be suspended, and a future Sunday will be chosen when our young people can receive their first communion with a full crowd. I will give times for all families to catch up any missed sessions.
* Confirmation classes will also be suspended. We are keeping April 19 in mind for Confirmation Sunday, but it may be necessary to reschedule that as well. Some classes will need to be scheduled after that date to make up for missed time.
* In-person visits by me, Care Team members, and home communion visitors will be suspended. Currently, clergy are allowed to visit restricted institutions for end-of-life care. Please call my cell number if you have any pastoral care needs of any kind, and I’ll work on the best way to be present with you.
* Zion’s leaders will be working on new ways for us to be the church while we can’t meet in person. Watch for more news, hopefully coming soon.
* Offerings can be mailed in to the church any time, which will help Zion remain financially stable during this time. Additionally, we had already started the process of registration for electronic giving. Again, watch for more information soon about that option.
* We encourage everyone to pray for all who are affected by the coronavirus and by the measures being taken to address it!
* We also encourage everyone to reach out to others by phone or electronic means. Stay in touch, offer a prayer, or just tell someone you’re thinking of them.
* Contact me, a Council member, or a Care Team member for special needs that you become aware of, yours or someone else’s.
* We will try to keep Zion’s office open between 9am – noon on weekdays, but we ask everyone to limit personal contact to essential activities.